Business Development Specialist ILAD
April 19, 2018
Foley Hoag seeks a Business Development Specialist responsible for supporting the business development needs of its International Litigation and Arbitration Department (ILAD). This is a full time (37.5 hour/week) position based in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. This role will report to the ILAD Business Development Liaison and to the Director of Business Development.
- Maintain the ILAD department attorney and paralegal biographies in keeping with the firm’s standard format. This will require drafting all ILAD biographies in English, French and Spanish.
- Assist with all new ILAD business pitches and RFPs. Catalogue materials properly within both ILAD and Business Development files for future reference.
- With the ILAD Business Development Liaison and Business Development Department staff members, draft and develop “off-the-shelf” marketing collateral that accurately reflects the firm’s ILAD expertise. This role will take the lead on drafting of all content in English, Spanish, and French and will work with the firm’s business development team to maintain brand and production consistency and quality.
- Maintain the master database of all ILAD representative matters to be used for marketing or experience tracking purposes. Work closely with the Director of Business Development to ensure that data is maintained in a manner consistent with overall firm matter data.
- Work closely with the Director of Business Development and the department’s event team to provide “on the ground” support for ILAD events.
- In close coordination with the Director of Business Development and the firm’s U.S. based external Public Relations firm, identify appropriate publications to target for attorney articles or interviews and ensure attorneys meet any required production or interview deadlines.
- Track and respond to ILAD related surveys and rankings. This will include, but not be limited to, Chambers Latin America; Chambers Global; Chambers USA; Legal 500 and Global Arbitration Review.
- Assist the Director of Business Development with specific projects supporting the firm’s International Litigation and Arbitration Practice and other groups as needed.
- Assist Business Development Department in managing project/event related budgets and reinforce firm policies related to budgeting.
- Knowledge of international litigation and arbitration.
- Native level fluency in English and Spanish (oral and written) required. Working knowledge of French preferred.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time and a willingness to learn all aspects of the Business Development function.
- Intermediate/advanced skill level with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with relational databases such as InterAction.
- Must be willing and able to learn new technology tools.
- 5+ years experience in Marketing/Business Development roles.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience required.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.