Financial Systems Administrator
September 12, 2016
Foley Hoag seeks a Financial Systems Administrator to be a member of our finance team, supporting the firm with financial systems and technical expertise. The position will interact closely with finance and technology professionals to optimize information delivery, administer finance-related aspects of technology projects, and manage key cross-functional projects such as system implementations and upgrades. The person hired for this position will also serve as a crucial finance resource for technical support, including electronic report distribution, SQL stored procedures, dashboard design, workflow, and business intelligence. This role manages the finance department’s data warehouses and controls security for our financial inquiry tools.
- Financial systems support: Work with vendors, IT and finance team to maintain Elite financial system and associated applications, including Peer Monitor, Intellistat, SpendConnect, star*collect, Chrome River, Clarity and eBillingHub. Additionally, the position oversees data warehouses, administers firmwide security across financial applications, and identifies and resolves systems performance issues.
- Budgeting support and administration: Utilize Clarity to assist administrative directors and finance team with expense budgeting process; provide regular and ad hoc financial reports to guide variance analysis; maintain the Clarity system, including updates to reports and changes to the Clarity analytic cubes.
- Project management: Lead cross-functional teams in design, installation and testing of externally developed applications; oversee upgrades and patches to financial system and supporting applications; evaluate new software products as applicable.
- Reporting: Interact on a daily basis with Finance team to provide technical expertise on reporting projects; advise on reporting tools and process improvements.
- Advanced SQL.
- Familiarity with information delivery tools, including SSRS, Tableau, Clarity, LiveOffice, and Business Objects.
- Experience planning and managing technical projects, utilizing both internal and external resources.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge of financial and accounting data, or an aptitude to learn.
- Law firm/professional services experience, a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Please send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org