Financial Systems Manager
March 22, 2017
Foley Hoag seeks a Financial Systems Manager to be a key member of the accounting and finance team, supporting the firm with financial systems and technical expertise. He or she will interact closely with finance and technology professionals to optimize information delivery, administer finance-related aspects of technology projects, and manage key cross-functional projects such as system implementations and upgrades. The Financial Systems Manager will also serve as a crucial finance resource for technical support, including electronic report distribution, SQL stored procedures, dashboard design, workflow, and business intelligence. He or she will manage the Finance Department’s data warehouses and controls security for the firm’s financial inquiry tools.
- Work closely with vendors, IT and the Finance team to maintain Elite financial system and associated applications, including Peer Monitor, Intellistat, SpendConnect, star*collect, Chrome River, Clarity, Intapp Open and eBillingHub.
- Refine and maintain data warehouses and resolve system performance issues; ensure firm-wide security across financial applications.
- Utilize Clarity to assist administrative directors and finance team with expense budgeting processes; provide regular and ad hoc financial reports to guide variance analysis; maintain the Clarity system, including updates to reports and changes to the Clarity analytic cubes.
- Lead cross-functional teams in design, installation and testing of externally developed applications; oversee upgrades and patches to financial system and supporting applications; evaluate new software products as applicable.
- Interact on a daily basis with the Finance team to provide technical expertise on reporting projects; advise on reporting tools and process improvements.
- Demonstrated functional and technical knowledge of financial information systems, including project management experience and advanced SQL experience creating SQL writing queries, views and stores procedures to database with a law firm or other sophisticated professional services firm.
- Familiarity with information delivery tools, including SSRS, Tableau, Clarity, LiveOffice and Business Objects.
- Experience planning and managing technical projects, utilizing both internal and external resources.
- A strong “client-service” philosophy and approach to providing information technology services.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to translate and explain technical terms and concepts and the ability to communicate with and influence lawyers and professional staff at all levels firm wide.
- A familiarity of financial and accounting data.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.