IT Support Services Manager
October 12, 2017
Foley Hoag seeks an IT Support Services Manager to oversee the daily operation of the IT Support Services area, which includes the IT Support Desk (f/k/a Help Desk), Project Management and User Experience Management. The IT Support Services Manager is responsible for ensuring that hardware and software support is provided to users, including, but not limited to the Microsoft Office Suite, Document Management, Specialty department applications, desktop and laptop computers, mobile devices, including the loaner pool of laptops, mifi’s, printer management, and other specialty peripherals. The Support Services Department is responsible for maintaining the firm’s intranet, user and system IT documentation, as well as the disaster recovery plans, including testing.
- Lead the Service Delivery Excellence initiative.
- Ensure that the User Experience is continually being improved.
- Oversee the Support Desk.
- Recommend staff changes, schedules, and roles to the IT Director.
- Revise and/or endorse standard operating procedures for the Support Services Groups.
- Approve schedule of after-hours coverage.
- Coordinate required efforts with IT department managers for the production and maintenance of all IT Department operational documentation as well as maintain the Department’s Intranet site. This would include writing, formatting and laying out quality documentation and user manuals for all user levels in all applications as well as writing proposals suggesting best practices on document creation.
- Project Manage major IT Departmental initiatives, as needed.
- Provide user support for document design and production and creation of slides and graphics requirements for client presentations.
- Work with attorneys, legal assistants, secretaries and marketing personnel on designing, editing, presenting, and animating powerful, creative PowerPoint presentations for clients.
- Manage the Support Desk staff ensuring coverage and cooperation, under the direction of the Systems Architect, Network Architect and IT Director.
- Ensure adequate user support for the more complicated features and levels of Firm provided software including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Docs Open, Adobe Acrobat, and all remote access programs.
- Assist in mediating Support Desk conflicts and user complaints.
- Review the tracking log periodically and communicate new findings to the IT Director.
- Research problems on Microsoft TechNet and other resources to develop workarounds and provide solid, well-thought-out solutions.
- Create and/or fully test new Word macros and templates.
- Provide back-up support to the Support Desk as necessary.
- Provide “on call” Level I emergency support on appointed weeks (once every 5-6 weeks).
- Provide weekly reports to the IT Director outlining the status of projects and resolutions to problems.
- Support and maintain specialty applications for different departments.
- In-depth knowledge of each supported program, including but not limited to, OpenText Document Management, version 10 or higher; MS Office Suite 2016; InterAction; Elite Webview; VNC; and Internet Explorer.
- 5+ years’ experience within a law firm working in a user support role.
- Project management experience.
- User experience management.
- Ability to transfer technical knowledge with expertise, patience and deference.
- Service excellence skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team while taking a leadership role.
- Bachelor Degree.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.