Legal Administrative Assistant - Litigation Department
June 22, 2018
The Boston office of Foley Hoag seeks an experienced Legal Administrative Assistant to support a partner, Co-Chair of the Litigation Department, whose practice involves litigation, government investigations and business advice in the areas of auditor defense, securities litigation and antitrust.
- Handle extensive billing and billing correspondence for partner’s practice, including attention to client billing guidelines, review and editing of pro formas, and new matter opening administration.
- Provide quality, timely work product; type, prepare, revise and process correspondence, memoranda, PowerPoint presentations and occasional court documents. Must be familiar with formatting legal pleadings, have ability to draft correspondence, and competency in proofreading correspondence, memoranda and pleadings.
- Present a professional and positive image within the firm as well as with outside contacts. Handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls to and from clients, client-related representatives, and firm personnel in a professional manner. Become familiar enough with matters to recognize client names, and know who else is working on each matter to ensure timely responses back to a client.
- Maintain busy calendar, including the scheduling and re-scheduling of appointments and large-scale meetings as needed.
- Support administrative work of partner who serves on the firm’s Billing and Distribution Committees in addition to Department Chair responsibilities.
- Oversee arrangements for extensive travel and related expense reports as directed. While partner is out of office, manage mail, electronic correspondence and telephone calls to insure responsive, seamless service to clients.
- Maintain and update numerous contacts in Outlook and InterAction, and perform background research on new contacts.
- Complete daily diary entries, and prepare all materials related to the firm’s billing and Business Development processes in an efficient, timely manner.
- Complete photocopy, fax, and scan requests.
- Maintain an organized and up-to-date filing system, including chronological filing, diary filing, case filing, occasional docketing, billing filing and filing for various administrative responsibilities of partner.
- Provide assistance to legal administrative assistants and lawyers in surrounding areas as needed.
- Perform other related office duties as required.
- Minimum 5 years of secretarial experience (preferably supporting at least one senior partner).
- Excellent typing skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with InterAction or other Contact Management System software.
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interact pleasantly and professionally with people at all levels,
- Past experience on billing professional services, including familiarity with client billing guidelines applicable to litigation matters, and general comfort with basic computational skills necessary to review and process bills.
- Must be a team player yet capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent experience.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.