November 15, 2016
Foley Hoag seeks a Network Engineer to be responsible for ensuring the continuous and reliable operation of the firm’s voice, data and internet networks in order to provide maximum performance and availability for the firm. The role is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing the network infrastructure and application components. The Network Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the LAN, WAN and VoIP infrastructures at all firm locations. The Network Engineer provides high-level technical support for voice, data and internet network systems, creates and maintains network documentation, maintains hardware and software standards, and participates in projects as needed. The Network Engineer must be well versed with the advanced engineering and administration of multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, network security devices and network management systems. The Network Engineer will perform a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the network meets the performance expectations of the firm and users.
- Establish, support and maintain the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, collaborating with peers and architects on network optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies, defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, participating in professional organizations.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information, and managing projects.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.).
- Configure and setup Palo Alto Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications.
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments.
- Design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking.
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
- Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
- Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities.
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support.
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Any other duties as assigned by manager.
- 4+ years of proven hands-on network or systems administration experience.
- Understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS).
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong LAN and WAN knowledge.
- Cisco Unified Communication Manager configuration and infrastructure a plus.
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 and higher, Exchange and/or SQL experience a plus.
- Networking knowledge and troubleshooting.
- Experience in managing and supporting networks with multiple carriers and protocols for organizations with multiple offices.
- Experience with network optimization and performance tuning.
- Degree in IT, computer science or engineering.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.