Patent Quality Control Coordinator
June 20, 2016
Foley Hoag seeks a Patent Quality Control Coordinator with a solid understanding of the filing requirements of the United States (US) and International (PCT) Patent Offices. The coordinator must be able to research, interpret and apply the patent filing rules, procedures and guidelines. The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to: pre-filing review of all intended US and PCT filings, confirm all documents required are included and posted to EFS-Web or e-PCT, maintain a daily log of all filings, and ensure all filings are complete and compliant. The coordinator is also responsible for identifying any filing document deficiencies, providing a brief explanation of the related rule(s) (if applicable) and ensuring that any required corrections are completed. The coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all deadline related US and PCT filings are completed in a timely manner and that all related filing acknowledgement receipts are secured. The coordinator may be asked to assist on project based work as necessary. The coordinator must be availability to work overtime when required to meet the demands of this position.
This position's hours are 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Pre-filing review of US and PCT filings that range from initial application filings up to and including post-grant submissions. Confirm all documents indicated as part of the submission have been included. Review and compare documents posted to in-house electronic file with the documents posted to EFS-Web, e-PCT or other filing modes. Ensure submission package meets the requirement set in any related PTO commination. Communicate with attorney/secretary regarding any corrections or deficiencies with the submission. Confirm receipts received for all submissions reviewed on a given day; follow-up as needed.
- Generate daily report of all hard deadlines due that day, and all foreign deadlines due on the following day due to time difference; follow-up as needed.
- Maintain a daily log of US and PCT filings which includes notation of any required corrections.
- Provide assistance with the maintenance and upkeep of patent electronic files.
- Complete time entry for specified submissions.
- Monitor PAIR for cases received through an intake prior to the Power of Attorney being approved. Complete PAIR status checks for pending US applications.
- Assist on project based work as necessary.
- Minimum 8-10 years of related work experience.
- Full understanding of the laws, articles, and guidelines in the US and PCT in order to interpret the correspondence received and to identify and anticipate potential issues. Commitment to ensuring knowledge base remains current with respect to recent rule changes in the US and PCT patent offices.
- Exemplary attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of CPI and IPDAS. Knowledge of First-to-File and Excel a plus.
- Professional manner.
- Ability to demonstrate discretion.
- Must work well independently as well as a contributing member of a hardworking team.
- Work effectively under high volume and time-sensitive conditions.
- Strong prioritization skills.
- Sound judgment.
- Strong work ethics.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent experience.
Please send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org