Tech Talk Tuesday: Managing Your Burn Rate
Emerging Enterprise Center at Foley Hoag
Bay Colony Corporate Center, North Entrance
1000 Winter Street - Suite 4000
Waltham, MA 02451
March 24, 2009 7:30AM–9:30AM
With credit markets distressed and equity hard to come by cash is not just king -- it’s more like gold, and entrepreneurs need to manage it like a precious and scarce commodity.
In this T3 session a panel of CFO’s and consultants will share their experience in extending the cash in their respective organizations while balancing other critical factors.
Topics to be discussed:
- How has the increased focus on burn rate changed the relationship between the CFO, CEO and board of your organization?
- What safeguards are in place to cut costs judiciously without halting growth and killing the business?
- What have you learned from prior experiences dealing with similar economic conditions that help you focus on today’s situation?
- What internal controls do you have in place to ensure burn rate is monitored and benchmarked?
- How do you balance cost cutting versus other alternatives you are pursuing?
- What is different between cost cutting in this economic downturn versus prior economic challenging times?
- Richard Lane, Senior Advisor, Marconi Pacific LLC
- Kenneth S. Goldman, EVP and CFO, Black Duck Software
- Janice DiPietro, Associate Managing Partner, East Region, Tatum