Tech Talk Tuesday: The Bottom Line
Exit Multiples Analyzed
Emerging Enterprise Center at Foley Hoag
Bay Colony Corporate Center, North Entrance
1000 Winter Street - Suite 4000
Waltham, MA 02451
June 17, 2010 7:30AM–9:30AM
Many things are required to make a successful venture-backed technology company: a strong, yet flexible management team, a large market opportunity, a must-have product, adequate financing, a viable business plan and top-quality professional advisors, to name a few. But these ingredients by themselves are not enough to ensure success. A company also needs a well-conceived exit strategy, tailored to its particular circumstances.
In this T3 session, Silicon Valley Bank Research Director, Cindy Moore will present findings of a multi-year study of exit valuations from their portfolio and a panel of seasoned investors will share their views on the study results and exit valuations among their portfolio companies.
Topics to be discussed:
- What is the current average years to exit
- How do pre-2008 exit valuations compare to today’s multiples
- What sectors have fared best
- How are Massachusetts companies faring versus other geographies
- What factors most affect exit valuations
- Cindy Moore, Director of Research Knowledge Bank, SVB Financial Group
- James Geshwiler, Managing Director, CommonAngels
- Nina Saberi, Managing General Partner, Castile Ventures
Due to scheduling , this program will be held on a Thursday.