Health Care Reform 2015 and Beyond: The Evolving MedTech Business Landscape
Presented By Medical Development Group
Emerging Enterprise Center at Foley Hoag
Bay Colony Corporate Center, North Entrance
1000 Winter Street - Suite 4000
Waltham, MA 02451
The election of 2012 assured the continued implementation of The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010, the landmark health care reform legislation that constituted the most important domestic policy victory of Barack Obama’s first term. “Obamacare” remains the focus of intense partisan controversy, with widely divergent views of its long-term effects for good or ill, before many of its most important provisions take effect. And the debate frequently fails to recognize that the Affordable Care Act is only one piece of a far more complex ongoing health care reform process that is already – and inexorably –changing fundamental aspects of health care finance, delivery and quality of care in the U.S.
Medical device and therapeutics companies, professionals, service providers, entrepreneurs and investors ignore these changes at their peril. As health care insurers and providers develop strategies and new business models in response to fundamental health care delivery system reforms, the landscape for medtech innovation and the requirements for commercial success are also likely to undergo dramatic change.
Join a distinguished panel of leaders as they discuss the dynamic elements of the ongoing health care reform process, how changes in health care finance and delivery will affect medical device and therapeutics innovation, and how companies across the life sciences spectrum will need to adapt to remain successful
- John L. Brooks III, President and Chief Executive Officer, Joslin Diabetes Center
- David M. Cutler, Ph.D., Otto Eckstein Professor of Applied Economics, Harvard University
- Rick Lifsitz,Vice President, Corporate Strategy, Scientia Advisors
- Edward E. Berger, Ph.D., Principal, Larchmont Strategic Advisors
- Early Reg. (By May 29): Members $25, Non-Members $35
- Week Prior (May 30- June 3): Members $30, Non-Members $42
- At the Door (After June 3): Members $35, Non-Members $50