A General Counsel's Guide to Hot Issues in M&A Litigation
Presented by the Association of Corporate Counsel Northeast Chapter
Foley Hoag LLP
155 Seaport Boulevard
Boston, MA 02210-2600
January 16, 2014 4:00PM–7:00PM
Completing a merger or acquisition is often the beginning of litigation; more than 90 percent of all significant public company mergers spark legal action. Private transactions are also not immune from lawsuits that drain management's time as played out in the closely watched Trados case. D&O insurance is also invariably at issue in the M&A context.
General counsel need a solid grasp of the implications of M&A litigation to protect their companies from avoidable costs. This panel will examine the:
- Trends in public and private company M&A litigation
- Building a wall of defense to avoid disputes
- Strategic insurance options
- Crafting beneficial dispute resolution clauses
- Tactics for resolving claims
- Edward Seksay, General Counsel, Rockland Trust Company
- Ken Leonetti, Partner, Litigation, Foley Hoag LLP
- Matthew Baltay, Partner, Litigation, Foley Hoag LLP
- Machua Millett, Senior Vice President, Marsh | FINPRO | PEMA
CLE: A certificate of attendance will be provided.
Please feel free to bring a non-attorney corporate guest to this program.