Massachusetts Takes Lead in U.S. Offshore Wind Development
Presented By Environmental Business Council New England
Foley Hoag LLP
155 Seaport Boulevard
Boston, MA 02210-2600
For this EBC Renewable Energy program on Offshore Wind, come hear Offshore Wind industry and government leaders explain how the Bay State has taken the national leadership on offshore wind development. Officials from Cape Wind and Deepwater Wind will provide updates on final plans and contracts for construction of their projects off Cape Cod and Rhode Island. See photos of the construction already underway on the $100 million redevelopment of the New Bedford harbor for development of Cape Wind Project. Final details will be presented on the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management lease auction scheduled this winter for 742,000 acres of seabed south of the Cape and Islands which could result in up to 5000 megawatts of offshore wind. Also hear what Islanders think about this new industry 12 miles off their beaches and the concerns of major environmental organizations even though they generally support offshore wind development to help address climate change while ensuring protection of sensitive species & seabed.
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hour). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Michael Ernst, Director of Regulatory Affairs, Tetra Tech
- Maeve Vallely Bartlett, Secretary of Environmental Affairs, MA EOEEA
- Jeff Grybowski, CEO, Deepwater Wind
- Robert LaBelle, Special Assistant to the Director, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM)
- Bill White, Director, Offshore Wind Sector Development, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center
- Registration and continental breakfast: 7:30 am - 8:00 am
- Program: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- EBC Member: $120*
- Non-Member: $165*
- Government/Non-Profit: $50
*After September 29 and at the door, add $20. Cancellations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on September 29 for a refund. No-shows will be charged.
View draft agenda and attendee list by clicking here.