EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Webinar: What You Need to Know
On February 2, 2016, the European Commission and the United States agreed on the new framework–the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield–to replace the invalidated EU-U.S. Safe Harbor and allow the continued transfer of personal data out of Europe and into the U.S.
Foley Hoag will present a 60-minute webinar on Thursday, February 18 at 9:30 am EST detailing what you need to know about the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield deal and what your company should do now.
Topics to be discussed:
- What has been agreed to in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield agreement?
- What remains to be decided?
- What happens between now and when all the details of the agreement are decided?
- When will the EU enforcement moratorium end and EU/state level enforcement actions begin?
- What changes will be required for EU-U.S. data transfers?
- Colin Zick, Partner, Co-Chair Privacy & Data Security Practice, Foley Hoag
- Catherine Muyl, Partner, Foley Hoag
- Alice Berendes, Associate, Foley Hoag
Click here to download a copy of the slides.