Webinar: Social Media for the Generalist In-House Counsel
Protecting Your Company from IP, Advertising and Speech-Related Injury, Liability and Embarrassment
Social media platforms present countless and varied opportunities for companies looking to connect to consumers and clients in real time. But, like so much else in our connected age, these opportunities come with a host of risks ranging from minor public relations blips to unpleasant regulatory run-ins with government agencies, and from DMCA takedowns to copyright infringement lawsuits.
Foley Hoag will present a 60-minute webinar on Tuesday, November 8 at 12:30 pm EST offering guidance on social media issue spotting for in-house legal practitioners and executives, with a focus on intellectual property, publicity rights and advertising.
Topics to Be Discussed
- Social media complaint procedures, pitfalls and “clearance” best practices
- Advertising claims, endorsements and disclosures in the social media context
- Right of publicity and ambush marketing
- Trademark protection and enforcement
- Copyright, the DMCA and Fair Use
- Parodies, fakes and critics
- Providing social media guidance for your employees