New England M&A Forum
Foley Hoag's Quarterly Forum on M&A Market Trends and Legal Developments
The Westin Waltham Hotel
Concord Junior Ballroom
70 Third Avenue
Waltham, MA 02451
Please join us on Thursday, October 20 at the Westin Waltham Hotel for our quarterly New England M&A Forum, which brings the latest in market trends and recent legal developments to the New England M&A professionals' community.
Strategic Alliances and Joint Ventures
In many circumstances, the right business development move is to join forces with another organization rather than to acquire it. Strategic alliances and joint ventures, however, raise their own business and legal issues. Our panel of seasoned experts will discuss some of the more knotty issues arising from these transactions and offer approaches for navigating them.
- Peter M. Anderson, Senior Counsel, IBM Corporation
- Karen Fardig, Vice President, Legal, Shire
- John Gustofson, Senior Director, Ventures & Early Stage Collaborations, AbbVie
- Levina Wong, Associate General Counsel, Monster Worldwide, Inc.
- Moderator: Hemmie Chang, Partner, Chair, Licensing & Strategic Alliances Practice, Co-Chair, Life Sciences Group, Foley Hoag LLP
Recent Trends in Antitrust M&A Enforcement
According to Thomson Reuters, withdrawn and terminated deals in the first half of 2016 totaled over $500 billion in value, a new year-to-date record. Many of these abandoned deals foundered on the shoals of antitrust enforcement. Foley Hoag partner Lisa Wood will discuss recent trends in antitrust M&A enforcement and what may lie ahead.