EBC Evening Program: Evolving Role of the BRA and the MEPA Office
Presented by Environmental Business Council of New England
Foley Hoag LLP
Seaport West - 13th Floor
155 Seaport Boulevard
Boston, MA 02210-2600
This EBC evening program with guest speakers Brian Golden, Director of the Boston Redevelopment Authority, and Deirdre Buckley, Director of the Office of the Massachusetts Environmental Policy Act will provide insight into the ongoing and innovative activities of the BRA and the MEPA Office.
The Boston Redevelopment Authority (BRA) is a Massachusetts public agency that serves as the municipal planning and developmentagency for Boston, working on both housing and commercial developments. The BRA leads and is responsible for urban planning, regulation of major real estate development, and management of significant real estate assets owned by the agency. Its primary goal is to work with Boston businesses and developers in order to provide direction for development in the city of Boston.
The MEPA Office conducts environmental impact reviews of certain projects requiring state agency action as required by the Massachusetts Environmental Policy Act (MEPA). On behalf of EEA Secretary Matthew Beaton, the MEPA Office conducts reviews of the environmental impacts of development projects and other activities that require one or more State Agency Actions and that exceed MEPA review thresholds, as specified in the MEPA regulations. State Agency Actions include the granting of state permits or licenses, providing state financial assistance, or transferring state-owned land.
The speakers will focus some of their presentations on climate change adaptation and resiliency programs and policies.
Following the presentations there will be a moderated panel discussion with the two speakers and thought leaders focusing on MEPA and BRA issues of concern. There will be ample time for participation from the audience.
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (2.0 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Brian Golden, Director, Boston Redevelopment Authority
- Deirdre Buckley, Director, Massachusetts Environmental Policy Act Office, Assistant Secretary for Environmental Review, Executive Office of Energy and Environment Affairs
- Fran Hoey, Senior Vice President, Tighe & Bond
- Lisa Brothers, Chairman and CEO, Nitsch Engineering, Inc.
- Michelle Landers, Executive Director, Urban Land Institute
- Erika Spanger-Siegfried, Senior Climate Analyst, Union of Concerned Scientists
- Registration, Networking, Cocktails, Hors d’Oeuvres: 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Program: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- EBC Member: $50 – additional late fee of $20 after September 19
- Non-Member: $80 – additional late fee of $20 after September 19
- Government/Non-Profit: $25
For EBC Members only – register five attendees for the price of four!
Discount will automatically be applied during online registration. Only applies to EBC Member rate – subsidized rate not included.