Foley Hoag, Partners Ranked in 2016 Edition of IAM Patent 1000
July 19, 2016
Foley Hoag LLP and six of its partners have been recognized in the fifth edition of Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) magazine’s “Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Professionals” guide, naming the best-in-class patent prosecution, licensing and litigation practitioners and firms across the globe.
IAM commended Foley Hoag for its prosecution, transactions and litigation work, declaring it “a perennial presence on the market” that has “carved out a niche in the emerging technology sector.”
The following Foley Hoag partners were also recognized for excellence in the industry:
- Acknowledged for his expertise in Food and Drug Administration (FDA) law, including the FDA’s regulatory pathway for approval of biosimilars, Donald Ware, Chair of the Intellectual Property Department, ranked in the Gold category of individual patent litigators for Massachusetts.
- Dana Gordon, Deputy Chair of Foley Hoag’s Intellectual Property Group, ranked in the Highly Recommended category for his prosecution expertise and was acknowledged for his strength in “the life sciences side” of the field.
- Identified for her ability to “spot trends,” “distill the law” and “cut through challenging scenarios,” Barbara Fiacco appears in the Silver category of individual litigators for Massachusetts. Fiacco was also hailed as “one of the most intelligent and articulate litigators out there.”
- Claire Laporte, recognized for “valiantly defending her clients’ rights,” ranked in the Bronze category.
- “Licensing guru” Bruce Parker was credited with “crafting some of the most sophisticated tech transfer agreements in town.” Parker ranked in the Recommended category for his transactions work.
- Philip Swain, ranked in the Bronze category, and was deemed a “rescuer” of companies embroiled in bet-the-farm litigation.
The annual IAM Patent 1000 guide is compiled following an extensive research process conducted over a five month-period. Individuals qualify for a listing when they receive sufficient positive feedback from peers and clients with knowledge of their practice and the market within which they operate. Firms qualify for a listing on the basis of their depth of expertise, market presence and the level of work on which they are typically engaged.
About Foley Hoag LLP
Foley Hoag provides innovative, strategic legal services to public, private and government clients across the globe. We have premier capabilities in the life sciences, healthcare, technology, energy, professional services and investment management fields, and in cross-border disputes. Our professionals possess the skills and experience to provide exceptional senior level service to clients ranging from startups to multinational companies to sovereign states. For more information, visit www.foleyhoag.com or follow @FoleyHoag on Twitter.