Rankings and Accolades
See our firm through the eyes of our peers. Here is a sample of honors of which we’re especially proud:
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2016) – International arbitration practice noted nationally; ranked 28 Foley Hoag LLP lawyers across 10 practice categories.
- Yale Law Women's Top 10 Family Friendly Firms in the U.S. – Included on the 2016 list of the nation's Top 10 Family Friendly Firms in legal industry. Results determined by data collected from firm policies relating to part-time and flex-time, parental/family leaves and accommodations, gender equity, billing requirements, professional development and pro bono.
- The U.S. News & World Report - Best Lawyers 2015 “Best Law Firm” rankings – Foley Hoag ranked a top-tier law firm in several categories; noted in 24 practice areas overall; ranked in the first tier nationally for environmental litigation; listed in the first tier in Boston for 15 practice areas.
- Vault career intelligence website – Ranked in the top 10 nationally in the Best Summer Associate Program, Transparency, Diversity for LGBT Individuals, Summer Program that Best Prepares You for Associate Work and Informal Training & Mentoring categories.
- The American Lawyer – Ranked 11th out of the AmLaw 200 law firms in the magazine’s 2015 pro bono report; also awarded the Boston office a second-place regional ranking in the annual Midlevel Associates Survey.
- Corporate Counsel magazine – Named by clients as “Go-To-Firm” in both intellectual property and technology.
- Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index – Foley Hoag received a perfect score ranking on the Human Rights Campaign's 2015 Corporate Equality Index. Businesses achieving a rating of 100 percent in the report are recognized by the Human Rights Campaign as a “Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality.”
- The Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work – Recognized in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2015 as a leading place of employment in Massachusetts in the Globe’s annual survey that singles out companies which demonstrate effective ways to create and provide a positive work environment.
- Multicultural Law magazine – Top 100 firms for diversity.