Dr. Carlos Arrue Montenegro, an associate, focuses on international litigation, especially on dispute settlement agreements (arbitration and choice of court agreements), State contracts, expropriations and conflicts of laws. He has represented and advised Panamanian institutions such as the Panama Canal Authority and the Ministry of Public Works in State proceedings and international arbitration, and has assisted with all aspects of investment arbitration cases before the ICSID and the ICC.
- Université Panthéon-Assas (Paris II), Ph.D. International Litigation and Arbitration, summa cum laude, 2010
- Institut de droit comparé de Paris, Diploma of Comparative Law, 2007
- Université Panthéon-Assas (Paris II), Master in Private International Law and International Trade Law, 2006
- Université Panthéon-Assas (Paris II), Superior Degree in Private International Law, 2005
- Universidad de Panamá, Bachelor in Law and Political Sciences, 2001
French, English, Spanish, Portuguese