Billing Legal Administrative Assistant
October 22, 2018
Foley Hoag seeks a Billing Legal Administrative Assistant in our Intellectual Property Department to provide billing support to patent prosecution attorneys, technology specialists and patent administrative assistants.
- Assist with opening new clients and matters for the Patent Prosecution Department.
- Create accurate client billing; print proformas; process edits to narratives; and handle write downs, transfer time and disbursements, divide and combine time.
- Maintain budget spreadsheets and other supporting schedules as requested by clients.
- Understand and follow client billing guidelines, review and editing proformas.
- Keep track of alternative billing arrangements and ensure bills are processed following those arrangements.
- Handle billing correspondence.
- Resolve billing issues with clients when appropriate.
- Prepare expense reports for patent prosecution attorneys and technology specialists on an overflow basis.
- Provide time entry support on an overflow basis.
- Photocopy, scan, send faxes as directed.
- Proofread all work products to ensure they are complete and accurate.
- Perform any and all other related office duties as requested.
- Be discreet and diplomatic at all times, particularly with sensitive or confidential information.
- Present a professional and positive image within the firm as well as with outside contacts.
- Participate in firm provided training programs and apply learned skills to work products.
- 2-5 years as a legal secretary with billing responsibilities or as a billing coordinator in a professional services environment (preferably a law firm).
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Office skills (primarily Word and Excel).
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interact pleasantly and professionally with people at all levels.
- Must be a team player yet capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Associate degree, technical certification in office/business administration, or equivalent experience.
- Exposure to patent prosecution work strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.