Legal Administrative Assistant- IP Litigation Department
August 2, 2018
Foley Hoag seeks a Legal Administrative Assistant to provide legal and administrative secretarial support to lawyers and/or paralegals within the firm's IP Litigation Department. The person in the role will coordinate activities with multiple areas within the firm to meet individual client’s needs appropriately.
- Provide quality, timely work product. Type, prepare, revise and process a variety of documents including court documents, correspondence, and memos. Must be familiar with formatting legal pleadings, have ability to draft correspondence, and competency in proofreading correspondence, memos and pleadings.
- Complete daily diary entries/timekeeper records to meet firm deadlines.
- Provide support to monthly billing process including attention to client billing guidelines, review and editing of pro formas, and new matter opening administration.
- Produce spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations.
- Make arrangements for extensive travel and related expense reports.
- Maintain busy calendar, including the scheduling of appointments and meetings.
- Update contact management system to ensure client information is up to date and accurate.
- Maintain organized and up-to-date files.
- Photocopy, scan, send faxes as directed.
- Proofread work products to ensure they are complete and accurate.
- Handle incoming and outgoing internal and external telephone calls in a professional manner.
- Present a professional and positive image within the firm as well as with outside contacts.
- Be discreet and diplomatic at all times, particularly with sensitive or confidential information.
- Provide assistance to other legal administrative assistants and lawyers in office as requested.
- Participate in firm provided training programs and apply learned skills to work products.
- Maintain a neat, clean work area.
- Perform any and all other related office duties as requested.
- Minimum of 2 years of legal administrative/secretary experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interact pleasantly and professionally with people at all levels.
- Must be a team player yet capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent experience.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.