Legal Administrative Assistant - New York
August 14, 2018
Foley Hoag seeks a Legal Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to legal personnel in the New York office. This role coordinates activities with multiple areas within the firm to meet individual clients' needs.
- Complete timekeeper records to meet firm deadlines.
- Prepare all materials related to the firm’s billing process in an efficient, timely manner.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Prepare expense reports.
- Produce spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations.
- Maintain calendars, including setting up meetings, etc.
- Handle incoming and outgoing internal and external telephone calls in a professional manner.
- Update contact management system to ensure client information is up to date and accurate.
- Photocopy, scan materials.
- Proofread all work products to ensure they are complete and accurate.
- Produce work produces efficiently and in a timely fashion.
- Become familiar with legal procedures of Intellectual Property (Trademark and Patent Prosecution).
- Present a professional and positive image within the firm as well as with outside contacts.
- Provide assistance to other Legal Administrative Assistants and legal personnel.
- Be discreet and diplomatic at all times, particularly with sensitive or confidential information.
- Participate in firm provided training programs and apply learned skills to work products.
- Maintain a neat, clean work area.
- Perform any and all other related office duties as requested.
- 1-5 years of related office experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interact pleasantly and professionally with people at all levels.
- Must be a team player yet capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Associates degree, technical certification in office/business administration or equivalent experience.
- Exposure to patent prosecution and/or trademark practice a plus.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.