Legal Administrative Assistant - Product Liability/Complex Tort Practice Group
July 6, 2018
The Boston office Foley Hoag seeks an experienced Legal Administrative Assistant to support a partner in the Litigation Department who chairs its Product Liability/Complex Tort Practice Group and whose practice involves product liability and complex tort, insurance recovery and business disputes in the life sciences and manufacturing areas as well as extensive external professional and marketing activities.
- Provide quality, timely work product; type, prepare, revise and process court documents, correspondence, memoranda and PowerPoint presentations. Must be familiar with formatting legal pleadings, including tables of content, and have ability to draft correspondence.
- Present a professional and positive image within the firm as well as with outside contacts. Handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls to and from clients or client-related representatives, as well as firm personnel, in a professional manner.
- Monitor all partner’s email and other communications to assure prompt attention and follow-up by appropriate person.
- Complete detailed daily diary entries with task/activity coding, and prepare all materials related to the firm’s billing and marketing processes in an efficient, timely manner.
- Maintain an organized and up-to-date filing system on all aspects of the partner’s practice, including case files, marketing files, files for multiple bar organizations, substantive law files, marketing files and billing files for active matters.
- Handle extensive and complex multi-party billing, billing correspondence and client monthly billing including attention to client billing guidelines and review and editing of pro formas.
- Maintain busy calendar, including the scheduling and re-scheduling of appointments and large-scale meetings.
- Make travel arrangements (including international) as directed.
- Maintain voluminous contacts in Outlook and InterAction, and perform background research on new contacts.
- Complete photocopying, faxes, scans and e-filing with the courts as directed.
- Organize Practice Group monthly meetings and training.
- Support marketing efforts, including arranging participation in panels, conferences and partnering meetings.
- Provide assistance to legal administrative assistants and lawyers in surrounding areas as needed and as time permits.
- Perform any and all other related office duties as required.
- Minimum 5 years of secretarial experience in a litigation practice, preferably in product liability defense.
- Excellent typing skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with InterAction or other Contact Management System software.
- Dictaphone experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interact pleasantly and professionally with people at all levels.
- Past experience on billing professional services, including familiarity with client billing guidelines applicable to litigation matters, and general comfort with basic computational skills necessary to review and process bills.
- Must be a team player yet capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.