September 24, 2018
Foley Hoag seeks a Staff Accountant to assist the senior and staff accountants with bank and general ledger account reconciliations, journal entries, intercompany transactions, audits and similar responsibilities, for both domestic and international offices. Some accounts payable, accounts receivable processing and cross-training will also be required.
- Maintain firm’s accounts by recording transactions, applying incoming cash receipts and assisting with accounts payable process for Paris office.
- Reviews accounts payable transactions against budgets and updates actual vs. budget analysis worksheets.
- Updates and maintains Balance Sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Assist with monthly general ledger closing and preparation of financial statements.
- Assist with cash flow management (preparing cash flow statement and assisting with cash projections).
- Fixed Asset Management and preparing capital expenditures analysis for IT and Facilities.
- Prepares monthly accrual entries.
- Review and research account discrepancies.
- Participate in the budgeting process; work on monthly and quarterly analysis.
- Assists with preparation of property tax returns.
- Prepares various schedules for interim and annual audits.
- Assists with preparation of bank compliance materials.
- Weekly system balancing.
- Other assignments include credit applications, bank forms, surveys, research, processing disbursement back-up requests, processing cost batches.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Ad hoc financial analysis as necessary.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes, cross training of other accounting staff.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Detail oriented; very good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Great Team player, must work well with others.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
- PC Proficiency including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, & Word.
- Ability to multi-task; deadline oriented.
- Excellent customer service, oral and written skills.
- Familiarity with Sales/Use Tax and VAT tax helpful but not required.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Elite Enterprise and Chrome River a plus.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply now.