Tech Talk Tuesday: Changing Investment Landscape 2009-2010
The Challenge for Investors and Entrepreneurs
Emerging Enterprise Center at Foley Hoag
Bay Colony Corporate Center, North Entrance
1000 Winter Street - Suite 4000
Waltham, MA 02451
Many VCs have described 2009 as the worst year for venture financing since 1987. Others paint a more rosy picture, pointing to the number of good companies seeking financing with more reasonable expectations about valuation. Investors and entrepreneurs have different perspectives about the impact of the changing conditions throughout 2009. How did investors and entrepreneurs react to the ups and downs of 2009? What can we learn from this year that can help plan for 2010?
In this T3 session a panel of investment professionals, several of whom were previous entrepreneurs, will share their thoughts on 2009 and the prospects for 2010.
Topics to be discussed:
- As the availability of equity financing tightened in 2009, how did investors and entrepreneurs change their strategies?
- Looking through the rearview mirror, what can be learned from 2009? Will 2010 just be more of the same?
- Which industry sectors were strongest in 2009 and which look to be strongest in 2010?
- How will fundraising and exit strategies change in 2010?
- How have financing terms changed in 2009? What can we expect to see in term sheets in 2010?
- Joe Caruso, Founder, Bantam Group
- Ben Howe, Co-Founder and CEO, America's Growth Capital
- John Lawrence, Partner and CFO, Longworth Venture Partners