Tech Talk Tuesday: How Successful Entrepreneurs Do More With Less
Emerging Enterprise Center at Foley Hoag
Bay Colony Corporate Center, North Entrance
1000 Winter Street - Suite 4000
Waltham, MA 02451
February 23, 2010 7:30AM–9:30AM
Among the many challenges that entrepreneurs face in today’s equity markets, the critical need to conserve cash from company inception through angel or early VC rounds is a daunting task. With uncertainty of follow on rounds or the elongated time it takes to raise follow on rounds; skilled entrepreneurs who can conserve capital and consistently hit milestones are best positioned to win. Today’s panel will share best practices from entrepreneurs in the trenches, sharing how they stretch dollars for maximum results.
In this T3 session a panel of entrepreneurs, several of whom successfully raised angel and venture rounds, will share their best practices of stretching their capital both pre- and post financing rounds.
Topics to be discussed:
- When to outsource employees versus hiring employees?
- How to balance cash versus deferred compensation for early leaders?
- What oversight measures are angel and venture investors putting in place to monitor cash burn and how have their expectations changed?
- Drew Hession-Kunz, President/Founder, i-Nalysis
- Derek Lyman, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Dexrex
- Michael Sheeley, Co-founder and COO, RunKeeper
- Joe Caruso, Founder, Bantam Group