Tech Talk Tuesday: Law School for the Tech Entrepreneur
Emerging Enterprise Center at Foley Hoag
Bay Colony Corporate Center, North Entrance
1000 Winter Street - Suite 4000
Waltham, MA 02451
Emerging technology companies and the entrepreneurs who found them face a number of potentially daunting challenges. One of these is the need to develop a general understanding of the relevant legal landscape and how to navigate through it.
Topics to be discussed:
- Common employment law issues for early-stage companies, including hiring issues; appropriate classification as independent contractor or employee; wage and hour issues; terminating the relationship; and noncompetes and other restrictive covenants.
- Intellectual property strategies, including the differences between trademarks, patents and copyrights and when and how to seek protection for each; and
- Practical approaches to managing litigation on a tight budget.
The panel will include the following Foley Hoag LLP attorneys:
- Michael L. Rosen, Partner
- Alan W. Steele, Counsel
- Brandon F. White, Partner
- David R. Pierson, Partner