EBC Site Remediation and Redevelopment Program: Vapor Intrusion - Recent Updates in New England and Elsewhere
Presented By Environmental Business Council
Foley Hoag LLP
Bay Colony Corporate Center, North Entrance
1000 Winter Street - Suite 4000
Waltham, MA 02451
May 3, 2013 7:30AM–12:00PM
There have been numerous developments in the field of vapor intrusion (VI) over the past year. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is about to release its final VI guidance. Several states, including New Hampshire and Vermont, have published new VI guidance or updated existing guidance. Massachusetts has proposed important regulatory changes addressing assessment, cleanup and closure of VI sites. There has also been substantial activity related to the evaluation of health risks posed by trichloroethylene (TCE) and tetrachloroethylene (PCE) at VI sites with several U.S. EPA regions and states proposing stringent short-term exposure limits for TCE while relaxing VI screening levels for PCE. This EBC program reviews technical and regulatory challenges when assessing the VI pathway and presents an overview of recent guidance developments at the state and federal level.
- Laurent Levy, Ph.D., P.E. - Senior Project Manager, Gradient
- Ileen Gladstone, Vice President, GEI Consultants
- Gerard Martin, Chief, Compliance, Law Enforcement and Brownfields Redevelopment Section, Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- Robin Mongeon, P.E., Project Manager, New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services
- Marilyn Newman, Attorney, Mintz Levin
- Richard Rago, Lead Scientist, Haley & Aldrich
- Registration and Continental Breakfast: 7:30am - 8:00am
- Program: 8:00am - 12:00pm
- EBC members: $120*
- Non-Members: $165*
- Government & Non-Profit Rate: $50
*After May 1st and at the door, add $20. Cancellations must be received by 5pm on May 1st for a refund. No-shows will be charged.
- Subsidized Rates: Subsidized registrations are not accepted at the door. Only 5 registrations available at each rate.
- Job Seeker Rate: $25 For attendees who are currently unemployed, NOT self-employed.
- Young Environmental Professional Rate: $25 For EBC Members only. Attendees who have worked in their field for less than 5 years.