Webinar: Final Passage of SBIC Advisers Relief Act
Co-produced by SBIA and Foley Hoag LLP
President Obama recently signed into law the SBIC Advisers Relief Act, which amends several key registration provisions and exemptions of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 that are applicable to advisers of small business investment companies (“SBICs”).
Join the Small Business Investor Alliance and Foley Hoag LLP for a webinar on January 12, 2016 covering the SBIC Advisers Relief Act. Our panelists will provide a detailed analysis of the new amendments and what the changes will mean for SBICs.
Topics to be discussed:
- Preemption of State Registration of SBIC Advisers
- Expansion of Venture Capital Fund Adviser Exemption to Include SBICs
- Expansion of Private Fund Adviser Exemption
- Robert G. Sawyer, Partner, Foley Hoag
- Christopher Walters, Senior Director, Governmental & Regulatory Affairs, Small Business Investor Alliance
- Christopher Hayes, General Counsel, Small Business Investor Alliance