Finding Funding: Tales from the Road
Presented by New England Healthcare Executives Network
Foley Hoag LLP
155 Seaport Boulevard
Boston, MA 02210-2600
Getting an idea to the point where it can attract investors is one of the hardest things an entrepreneur can do. No matter how sound an idea is, or how slick a presentation might be, there is no substitute for experience. Join us for a panel discussion of trends and issues to consider in seeking funding and life science investing.
- What are the opportunities and challenges?
- How do you analyze and present your technology, team, and requirements?
- What are the different stages of the business and how might team requirements change?
- What investment vehicles should be considered depending on the business stage?
- What elements drive enterprise value and ability to attract capital at different stages?
- Should you accept Reverse Vesting of Founder Equity / Founder Vesting?
- Is it unhealthy to raise too much or too little money?
- What are the strategies and opportunities for finding sources of capital?
- Is there a “Valley of Death”?
- Why should the entrepreneur seek to find the “right fit” and not just any investor?
Come join this timely, lively, blue ribbon panel of experts. Ask them questions and contribute your insights during the audience interactive segment.
David F. Hendren, Managing Director, New Technology Ventures
David has extensive experience in funding and building successful ventures from incubation to exit, with particular expertise in healthcare, life science, technology, and healthcare service areas. His 25+ year career has afforded broad perspective from virtually all sides of the table with roles including VC, entrepreneur, CEO, leader, and advisor.
Hemmie Chang, Partner, Chair, Licensing & Strategic Alliances Practice, Foley Hoag LLP
- Paul J. Mraz, Managing Partner, OnPoint Advisors, LLC
- James E. Muller, M.D., Cardiologist at CIMIT and affiliated with Harvard Medical School, MGH and MIT
- Patrick O'Donnell, CEO, ProteoThera, Inc.