Understanding ICOs – The Latest in Crowdfunding, Currency and Cons
Presented by TiE Boston and Babson College
Babson Boston Campus
100 High Street
TiE Boston and Babson College join Boston Blockchain Week (April 23 - 27) - the largest gathering of blockchain founders, developers, and funders in Boston/Cambridge.
Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) are funding exciting startups and presenting new opportunities for investors to get a piece of the action while also creating a new funding vehicle that is changing founder/investor dynamics.
In this interactive and informative session, we’ll start with an overview of digital currencies and how the cryptocurrency market has evolved. Then, we’ll look at ICOs from both the investor and the entrepreneur perspective, revealing opportunities and risks, and discussing what goes into an ICO. Covering the market and regulatory issues at hand, we’ll also hazard some opinions on where we might find the next big thing! You’ll come away with a better understanding of ICOs and what it means for our entrepreneurial and investment community in Boston.
- 6:00 PM: Networking & Registration
- 6:30 PM: Cryptocurrency and Blockchain 101 by John Hargrave
- 6:50 PM: Boston Crypto/Blockchain Startup Showcase (Quick Pitches)
- 7:20 PM: Short break
- 7:30 PM: Understanding ICOs Panel Discussion with Audience Q&A
- 8:30 PM: Networking with Boston Blockchain Community
- 9:00 PM: Event Ends
- Erica Rice, Senior Associate - Business Department, Foley Hoag (Moderator)
- Nilanjana Bhowmik, Co-Founder & General Partner, Converge
- John Hargrave, Publisher of Bitcoin Market Journal and CEO at Media Shower
- Michael Hughes, Senior Director of Equity Crowdfunding & Token Sales at Indiegogo
- Victor Santos, Co-founder & CEO at Airfox, which raised $15M in an ICO in October