Webinar: Copyright Basics for the Generalist In-House Counsel
What does the generalist in-house counsel need to know about copyright? While patents and trademarks often receive the lion’s share of an organization’s intellectual property focus, copyrights comprise a critical third prong to a healthy overarching IP strategy – even for companies whose products and services involve little or no content creation.
Foley Hoag LLP will present a 60-minute webinar on Wednesday, March 28 at 12:30 pm EDT offering guidance for in-house counsel regarding copyright law, including the basics of U.S. copyright protection and registration, copyright disputes, copyright protection from a European perspective, and the interplay between copyright, the internet, and emerging technologies.
Topics to Be Discussed
- Copyrightable subject matter many businesses forget to protect
- Copyright ownership: who owns what in the corporate environment?
- How and when to register copyrights
- What to do when your client is accused of infringement
- DMCA takedown basics
- The overlap between copyright and other forms of IP
- Copyright from the European perspective
- Recent important copyright developments
- David Kluft, Partner, Co-Chair, Advertising & Marketing Practice, Foley Hoag
- Joshua Jarvis, Partner, Co-Chair, Trademark, Copyright & Unfair Competition Practice, Foley Hoag
- Jenevieve Maerker, Counsel, Foley Hoag
- Marion Cavalier, Associate, Foley Hoag
- Nicole Kinsley, Associate, Foley Hoag
CLE credit for this webinar is available in California and New York, and may be available in other states upon request. Please contact us for details.